The PowerScrew is a double telescope screw for use in palatal expansion devices. It is available in five sizes (8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 mm installation size). Activation is simple, as the 8 cm long flat spanner can be quickly and safely used by the patient on the hexagonal screw.
Narrow palates need a small expansion screw. The PowerScrew therefore grows with it. By simply changing the hexagonal screw for the next biggest, the expander can continue to be used without making a new one.
The PowerScrew and its retention arms are extremely stable and can withstand the greatest forces and torques. One turn (6 surfaces) equals 1 mm expansion (0.17 mm per surface); every second surface is marked with increasing points.
- Expansion of skeletally narrow upper jaws
- Age-dependent, ossified palatal expansion
Field of Application
- Expanders with splints or Bands
- Hybrid Expanders
- Purely bone-borne expanders
- Small body, high stability
- Changeable hexagonal nut
- Easy self activation by the patient with precisely fitting flat spanner
- More comfort due to rounded design
- Invisible in the mouth